Monday, August 2, 2010

Escaping The Darkness

Peeling back the flesh of this world I reveal the true entity of my imperfections. The spiteful words spat from crushing jaws digs deep and I can't help, but feel compromised. The binding taste of envy plants an evil seed and continues to grow furiously inside. Escape seems impossible, but I look back to my innocence. I hold onto the small kindle of light that always shines and can never be extinguished.

Compare as I may to others I seem to fear failure when they succeed. I cannot understand why I continue to be crippled by such a weakening infection of the heart. This is my flaw. I am sinful and deep within me lies a lurking Darkness waiting to ensnare me. Pulsing and breathing, acting like a blood sucking catalyst. Although, like before, I peel back the skin of this reality and become something much different; something more divine.

Still, I will face the everyday struggles and go forth over the bumps, hills, and mountains placed in my path. Life has a way of doing that; It tries to break you at any moment, into unimaginable pieces, but the light that kindles within has a way of releasing the crushing blows and pulling the pieces back together...forming a prestean sheet of crystal glass that which reflects the truth of who we really are meant to be.

4 comments:

  1. Well Corey, I would like to congratulate you on another exceptional piece of art. Yes, I do consider your posts to be works of art. What else could they be? Calling them anything else except masterpieces would not be doing them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Andrew! You are such an awesome friend and I am happy to know that you think of me that way and call my writing Art. Most people seem to forget that writing is indeed a lost art, but it isn't dead. If anything it's the most impressive kind. It paints a visual picture that causes the imagination and mind to go crazy with just a few words. = D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corey - again BEAUTITFUL! And, indeed, writing is a lost art, but I agree that it is not dead. Just like chivilrey (which is not spelled right. ;)
    ~Hanna~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna, Thanks...AGAIN! Yah, it really is. People seem to forget that without writing this world wouldn't have any history, no books, no Bible! It'd be horrible. The digital age is slowly pushing away writing, but I don't they'll ever fully push it away. They can't get the heart, passion, and creativity from a machine.
    ~Corey~

    ReplyDelete