Saturday, January 22, 2011

Confusion Among Resolutions

Confusion corodes my mind in every way possible. The confusion of life, love, God, and death. I wish to go through with a glorious trail behind me and a blazing horizon in front of me, but what if I make the wrong choice for my life? What if i'm wrong and the results end in hell fire? These questions are the ones that can never be answered with a clear answer. Nothing is 100 % in this world...the only thing that I find to be true and clear is God's love. I'm done being selfish, i'm done subsiding to sin, i'm done with satan and his minions...I hate them with the burning passion of God and his legion of angels.
So, what do I choose? What is the right path if I know what I want and I know how to be happy? Is this one thing truely against God's wishes for my life? As I said before, confusion has been ruleing my mind. It has made me turn my blessed life into two parts. On one side, I was successful, loving, and thoughtful...on the other, I was greedy, lustful, and ashamed.
With the passing of times and ages how do we know the same rules apply? What can we do to discover within ourselves and within God what is truly right? I can't trust the world anymore, I can barely trust myself...the only one I can trust is God. His word was set for us thousands of years ago. It is the story of his love for the world and what he did to save us from eternal damnation. It was not created to be a tool for hate, critisism, racism, sexists, or even homophobia.
Love...it's really a powerful thing and the love that God has for his believers is so vast and never ending...how could he deny the chosen ones access into his kingdom? The chosen ones; The ones who truly believe within their hearts that christ died for our sins and rose again, the ones who praise God when there is success and when there is downfall, the ones who become baptised with the holy spirit, the ones who can't help who they are, but stray from sinful nature and instead strive to make it meaningful and pure.
So, the questions that we must ask ourselves and that God asks us everyday is...One.) In your heart, who do you want to be? 2.) Who do you want to lead the way...you or God?
Yes, it may be scary to not have control and it isn't easy, but God never promised an easy life...he promised a meaningful one. Isn't that what this is all about? Meaning and purpose? Love and passion? Purity and trust?
Life is a gigantic journey...One that we cannot and should not take alone.

3 comments:

  1. This is all so true. I know exactly how feel with all the confusion on who you want to be and if it is who God wants you to be. As you have said the only thing to do is trust in the Lord and believe he will lead you in the right direction.

    Miss you Corey!- Beth Wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, as always, Corey. It brings to my mind a song that I never really connected to the words until recently. The last paragraph, especially, makes me think of this. Keith Urban's "You're Not Alone Tonight". I suggest you give it a listen.

    Blessings,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hanna for leaving a comment and I'm glad you enjoyed my post. ^_^ I listened to that song and it's so good. I often forget that this is a vast, open world full of people who know exactly how I feel. We're never alone in our trials and tribulations. God makes it all worth while anyway, because he's right there beside us the whole way.

    God Bless,
    ~Corey~

    ReplyDelete